Welcome to SOEST!
SOEST values and promotes collaborative relationships between academic advisors, faculty advisors, and students to implement a personal education plan that is consistent with students’ goals.
Schedule an Appointment or Tour
For a SOEST tour, click here or on the button above and schedule an hour-long prospective student advising appointment. Write in the notes you would like a tour.
For a campus tour, please visit the UH Admissions website
Click here or on the button above to request more information.
Hours of operation: Monday–Friday, 8:00 am–3:00 pm
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 956-8763.
New and Transfer Students
- Complete the New Rainbow Warrior Checklist
- Before registering for classes, take your Placement Exams unless you have already taken college math, chemistry, or have received your AP scores
- Schedule an advising appointment.
- Register for OEST 100: The College Experience
- OEST 100 on Wednesdays at 10:30 am — Transfer Students (> 30 credits)
- OEST 100 on Wednesdays 11:30 am — First year Students
- Register for the SOEST Orientation
SOEST High School Visits
High School science teachers and college counselors, do you have students interested in Ocean, Earth, or Atmospheric Science? SOEST offers a 30-minute virtual or in-person visit so your students can…
- Learn about SOEST degree programs, research opportunities, and support available
- Hear from our SOEST undergraduates
- Visit a lab with one of our engaging researchers or students
- Have a Q&A session
Click here or on the above button to request a high school visit.
All SOEST students are encouraged to plan and participate in events held throughout the semester to foster community and engagement. Our annual Summer Stories event is held at the beginning of every school year for students to share the summer opportunities they participated in. Past events include trivia nights, resume workshops, and tie-dying. Look for our SOEST Club events advertised in our weekly emails.
SOEST Student Academic Services Team
SOEST SAS operates to collaborate and inform SOEST departments and programs about UHM campus policies and procedures for compliance and student progress. For more information about SOEST SAS, please download our 2020 booklet.
Students and advisors are required to meet every semester.
Please visit the program sheet website for program sheets and plan templates for all undergraduate degree programs.
Hawai‘i Institute for Geophysics (HIG) Room 131B
2525 Correa Road,
Honolulu, HI 96822
“I liked science from high school and wanted to go into a field that would benefit others. I also heard that the job market would be good in the future.”
— SOEST undergraduate