Application Instructions for Dept. of Atmospheric Sciences Graduate Program
Submit your online application to the Graduate Division following the instructions here: https://manoa.hawaii.edu/
- Application form;
- One official copy of transcripts directly from the registrar of each institution attended;
- If you have taken the GRE, submit official GRE (GEN) scores, but note that the GRE is not required.
- Official TOEFL score report (Foreign applicants); and
- Application fee.
- Interest statement;
- Unofficial transcripts (for applications to be admitted in Spring 2024 and after);
- Three letters of recommendation from former professors or employers;
- Curriculum vitae (one page);
- What should my interest statement include?
In order to provide you with the most appropriate academic guidance for your individual needs, we request a brief statement describing your interest in atmospheric sciences. Your one-to-two page interest statement should explain why you have chosen to continue your education in atmospheric sciences. It should also briefly state your work experience and career plans, as well as any specialization preferences you wish to express. Please also state if you are interested in joining the research group of a specific faculty member.
- How can I get a Graduate Research Assistantship?
If you are interested in a Graduate Research Assistantship, please contact the faculty member(s) you wish to work with directly and/or check for available funded graduate opportunities here. A list of faculty and their research interests can be found here.
- I have more questions. Whom should I contact?
You may contact the Atmospheric Sciences Department via telephone at (808) 956-8775 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact our graduate chair, Tim Li at (808) 956-9427 or email@example.com.
You will be notified as soon as action is taken on your application by the Graduate Division.
We accept applications on a rolling basis. For priority consideration, please submit your application by the dates below:
|Semester||U.S. Applicants||International Applicants|
|Fall||December 15||December 15|
|Spring||August 15||August 15|