UH Diving Program
Scientific diving conducted aboard UH research vessels must comply with the UNOLS Research Vessel Safety Standards and be coordinated with the UH Diving Safety Program. Principal investigators requiring dive operations as part of their research are responsible for working with the UH Diving Safety Program to gain approval as part of their cruise planning. All dive plans must be approved by the UH Diving Safety Officer prior to expedition departure. No dive activity will be permitted without such approval.
The University of Hawai`i Diving Safety Program is responsible for:
- Authorization of UH Scientific divers
- Evaluation and approval of dive plans
- Training and program support for UH-authorized divers
- Coordination of diver medical exam scheduling
- Investigation of SCUBA diving accidents.