Aloha, E Komo Mai!
The 33rd Annual International Research Ship Operators (IRSO) meeting will be held from October 24-28, 2022 at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi.
POSTERS: As with previous IRSO Conferences, a poster session will be held during IRSO 2022. Please note that poster size is A0 (841mm x 1189mm) and will be printed in Honolulu. Poster files should be supplied in high quality PDF or EPS format. Please forward your poster data to email@example.com by 30 September 2022.
For questions about this conference, please contact Naomi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference Registration Fee: $525.00
Daily lunches, regular refreshments, two receptions, conference room, facility tours, and bus transportation to/from the facility tour are included with your registration.
Full Conference Early Bird Rate (September 15, 2022) - $525.00 US Dollars
After September 15, 2022 - $575.00 US Dollars
Meeting Venue & Hotel Accommodations
This year’s meeting will be held at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel in Honolulu, Hawaiʻi. The Leahi Room and Lanai is a beautiful indoor/outdoor space that provides a large unobstructed meeting room with a stunning diamond head view, natural light, and lanai access. A picturesque meeting place that is everything you would expect it to be in Waikiki.
- Dole Pineapple Whip tasting upon arrival at Aloha Whip
- 2 QK Bottled Waters (souvenir gifts)
- Highspeed wireless internet access (guestrooms + public areas)
- 24 Hour Fitness Center
- In Room Digital Safe
- In Room Refrigerator
- QK Hawaii Postcards
- Ice/Water Stations
- Use of Business Center
- Unlimited Local and Toll-Free Telephone Calls
- Daily surf demonstrations at Hans Hedemann Surf School
- Press Reader (access to 6,000 digital global newspapers/magazines)
- All Suites include a kitchenette, microwave, refrigerator, bathrobes, slippers, coffee maker
- Beach chairs/towels (upon request and based on availability)
- Yoga on the go sets including a carrying bag, jump rope, foam roller, multi pound fitness cables (upon request based on availability)
- Complimentary hotel on site activities (lei making, yoga, run club)
- Discounts to Oahu arts/cultural and family friendly venues (Honolulu Zoo, Waikiki Aquarium)
- Weekly Live Music Entertainment by Local Artists at the Deck restaurant
- Daimond Head Lookout
- Halona Blowhole
- Makapuʻu Lookout
- Byodo In Temple
- Hawaiian Coffee and Macadamia Nut Tasting
- Chinaman's Hat and Kualoa Valley Mountain Range
- North Shore Shrimp Lunch
- Tropical Fruit Stands
- North Shore Sunset Beach
- Hawaiʻi Green Sea Turtle Spotting
- Dole Pineapple Plantation
Queen Kapiolani Hotel
150 Kapahulu Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaiʻi 96815
Hotel Accommodations at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel:
Check in: 3pm; Check out: 11am
Named after the beloved wife of Hawaiʻi's last reigning King, the historical Queen Kapiolani Hotel is conveniently located one block to Waikiki beach and near the Honolulu Zoo, Kapiolani Park, Waikiki Shell and Waikiki Aquarium. Enjoy the picturesque views of Diamond Head from the pool and Deck restaurant and bar on the 2nd floor.
Accommodation Rates (US Dollars):
Studio City View – No Balcony - $205/night + taxes and fees(17.962%)
Studio Ocean View – No Balcony - $215 + taxes and fees (17.962%)
City View Balcony 1 King - $225 + taxes and fees (17.962%)
City View Balcony 2 Queen - $225 + taxes and fees (17.962%)
These rates are available for up to 3 days before and after the conference dates based on hotel availablity. Best to book early to secure your accommodations.
To upgrade your room please contact the hotel directly at 1-808-931-4420 or email email@example.com and speak with Julie Ogata or Itzia Berry. For US government room rates, please contact Naomi Worcester at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to show your military or government ID upon check in.
This block of rooms is available until September 24, 2022 and any unreserved rooms in the block will be released for sale to the general public, so please book your room early!
Included in your stay at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel:
Opening Reception Hosted by Schmidt Ocean Institute
Monday, October 24, 2022; Time 5-7pm
Queen Kapiolani Hotel - Leahi Room and Lanai
Aloha Dinner Reception
Thursday, October 27, 2022; Time 5:45pm – 9pm
2777 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815
More details coming.
This reception is included in the cost of your registration. Guests are more than welcome to attend at a cost of $125.00 USD/per person.
Oahu Circle Island Tour
Friday, October 28, 2022
Cost $100 USD/per person.
Pick up at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel at 7:30am - return time around 4:30pm
Please bring extra cash for lunch, snacks, Dole’s pineapple ice cream, and gratuities for the tour if you see fit.
There will be many stops along the way, about every 30-45 minutes for restroom stops.