(March 20, 2011)
I. BOOKS EDITED
II. MAJOR REFEREED PUBLICATIONS (1985-Present)
III. Book Chapters (15)
IV. OTHER PAPERS (9)
224. Choi, Ki-Seon, B. Wang, and Do-Woo Kim, 2011: Changma onset definition in Korea
using the available water resources index and its relation to the Antarctic Oscillation. Climate Dynamics, In press.
223. Fu,X., B. Wang, J.-Y.Lee, W. Wang, and L. Gao, 2011: Sensitivity of Dynamical
Intra-Seasonal Prediction Skills to Different Initial Conditions. Mon. Wea. Rev., In press.
222. Xiang, B., W. Yu, T. Li, and B. Wang, 2011: The critical role of the boreal summer
mean state in the development of the IOD, Geophys. Res. Lett.,In press.
221. Hsu, B.-C., T. Li, and B. Wang, 2011: Trends in Global Monsoon Area and
Precipitation in the Past 30 Years, Geophys. Res. Lett.,In press.
220. Kim, H.-J., and B. Wang, and 2011: Sensitivity of the WRF model simulation of East
Asia summer monsoon to shortwave radiation schemes and ozone absorption, Asian
Pacific J. Atmos. Sci., In press.
219. Yang. H., Bin Wang, and B. Wang 2011: Reduction of systematic biases in regional
Climate downscaling through ensemble forcing, Climate Dyn., In press.
218. Xiaqiong Zhou, Bin Wang, Xuyang Ge, and Tim Li, 2010: Impact of secondary
eyewall heating on intensity change during eyewall replacement , J. Atmos. Sci., In
217. Zhou, X. and B. Wang, 2010: Mechanism of Concentric Eyewall Replacement Cycle and Associated Intensity Change. J. Atmos. Sci., In press.
216. Ding, Q.-H., B. Wang, and M. Wallace, 2010: Tropical-extratropical teleconnections in boreal summer: observed interannual variability, J. Climate, in press.
215.Murakami, H., and B. Wang, 2010: Future change of western North Pacific tropical cyclone tracks: Projection by a 20-km-mesh global atmospheric model. J. Climate, In press.
214. Lee, S.-S.,J.Y. Lee, B. Wang, F.F. Jin, W.-J. Lee, and K.-J. Ha, 2011: A comparison of
climatological subseasonal variations in the wintertime storm track activity between the North Pacific and Atlantic: local energetics and moisture effect. Climate Dyn.
213. Moon, J-Y, B. Wang, and K.-J. Ha, 2010: ENSO regulation of MJO teleconnection. Climate Dynamics. In press.
212. Lee, J.Y., B. Wang, Q. Ding, K.-J. Ha, J.-B. Ahn, A. Kumar, B. Stern, and O. Alves,
2010: How Predictable is the Northern Hemisphere Summer Upper-Tropospheric
Circulation? Climate Dyn. , DOI 10.1007/s00382-010-0909-9.
211. Wang, Bin, H.-J. Kim, K. Kikuchi, and A. Kitoh, 2010: Diagnostic metrics for evaluation of annual and diurnal cycles. Climate Dyn., DOI 10.1007/s00382-010-877-0.
210. Lee, S.-S.. J.-Y. Lee, K.-J. Ha, B. Wang, and J. Schemm, 2011: Deficiencies and possibilities for long-lead coupled climate prediction of the Western North Pacific-East
Asian summer monsoon. Clim Dyn, 36, Page 1173-1188. DOI 10.1007/s00382-010
209. Chowdary, J. S., S.‐P. Xie, J.-Y.Lee, Y. Kosaka, and B. Wang, 2010, Predictability of summer
northwest Pacific climate in 11 coupled model hindcasts: Local and remote forcing. J.Geophy.Res., 115, D22121, doi:10.1029/2010JD014595.
208. Yun, K.-S., K.-J. Ha, and B. Wang, 2010: Superiority in impacts of the tropical
eastern Pacific and Indian Ocean warming on East Asian July and August Climate , Geophys. Res. Lett., 37, L20809, doi:10.1029/2010GL044931.
207. Yim, S.-Y. J.-G. Jhun, R. Lu, and B. Wang, 2010: Two Distinct Patterns of Spring
Eurasian Snow Cover Anomaly and Their Impacts on the East Asian Summer Monsoon. J. Geophys. Res., 115, D22113, 10 PP., doi:10.1029/2010JD013996
206. Kikuchi, K., and B. Wang, 2010: Spatio-temporal wavelet transform and the multiscale
behavior of the Madden-Julian Oscillation, J. Climate, I23, 3814-3834.
205. Wang, B., Y. Yang, Q. Ding, H. Murakami, and F. Huang, 2010: Climate control of the global tropical storm days (1965–2008), Geophys. Res. Lett., 37, L07704, doi:10.1029/2010GL042487.
204. Murakami, H., and B. Wang, 2010: Future change of North Atlantic tropical cyclone tracks: Projection by a 20-km-mesh global atmospheric model. J. Climate, 23, 2699-2721.
203. Yang, J., B. Wang, B. Wang, Q. Bao, 2010: Biweekly and 21-30 day variations of the
subtropical monsoon rainfall over the Lower reach of Yangtze River Basin. J. Climate,23, 1146-1159.
202. Kikuchi, K., and B. Wang, 2010: Formation of tropical cyclones in the Northern Indian Ocean associated with two types of tropical intraseasonal oscillation modes. J. Japan Meteorol. Soc., 88, 475-496.
201. Bao, Q., J. Yang, Y. Liu, G.X. Wu, and B. Wang, 2010: Roles of anomalous Tibetan Plateau warming on the severe 2008 winter storm in central-southern China. Mon. Wea. Rev, 138, 2375-2384. DOI: 10.1175/2009MWR2950.1.
200. Lee, J.-Y., B. Wang and co-authors, 2009: How are seasonal prediction skills related to models’ performance on mean state and annual cycle? Climate Dyn. In press.
199. Wang, B., Z. Wu, C.-P. Chang, J. Liu, J. Li, and T. Zhou, 2010: Another Look at Interannual to Interdecadal Variations of the East Asian Winter Monsoon: The Northern and Southern Temperature Modes. J. Climate, 23, 1495–1512. IPRC 653.
198. Yun, K.-S., K.-J. Ha, B. Wang, and R. Q. Ding, 2010: Decadal cooling in the Indian summer monsoon after 1997/1998 El Niño and its impact on the East Asian summer monsoon. Geophys. Res. Lett., VOL. 37, L01805, doi:10.1029/2009GL041539. IPRC-
197. Kajikawa, Y., B Wang and J. Yang, 2010: A multi-scale Australian monsoon index. Int.
J. Cliamatology. DOI: 10.1002/joc.1955. IPRC-608.
196. Kubota, H., and B. Wang: How much do tropical cyclones affect seasonal and interannual rainfall variability over the western North Pacific? J. Climate, 22, 5495-5510. IPRC 676.
195. Wu, ZW, B. Wang, and J P Li, 2009: An empirical seasonal prediction model of the East Asian summer monsoon using ENSO and NAO, J. Geophys. Res. VOL. 114, D18120, doi:10.1029/2009JD011733. IPRC 677.
194. Fu, X.H., and B. Wang, 2009: Critical Roles of the Stratiform Rainfall in Sustaining the Madden–Julian Oscillation: GCM Experiments, J. Climate, 22, 3939-3959.
193. Wu, B.Y., R.H. Zhang, and B. Wang, 2009: On the Association between Spring Arctic Sea Ice Concentration and Chinese Summer Rainfall: A Further Study. Adv. Atmos. Sci., 26, NO. 4, 2009, 666-678.
192. Oouchi, K., A. T. Noda, M. Satoh, B. Wang, S. Xie, H. G. Takahashi, and T. Yasunari (2009), Asian summer monsoon simulated by a global cloud-system-resolving model: Diurnal to intra-seasonal variability, Geophys. Res. Lett., 36, L11815, doi:10.1029/2009GL038271.
191. Liu, J., B. Wang, H. Wang, X. Kuang, and R. Ti, 2009: Forced response of the East
Asian summer rainfall over the past millennium：Results from a coupled model simulation. Climate Dynamics, DOI 10.1007/s00382-009-0693-6
190. Liu, P., M. Satoh, B. Wang, H. Fudeyasu, T. Nasuno, T. Li, H. Miura, H. Taniguchi, H.
Masunaga, X. Fu, and H. Annamalai, 2009: An MJO Simulated by the NICAM at 14
km and 7-km Resolutions. Mon. Wea. Rev., 137, 3254-3268.
189. Fu, X.-H., B. Wang, Q. Bao, P. Liu, and J.-Y. Lee 2009: Impacts of initial conditions on intraseasonal forecast, GRL, 36, L08801, doi:10.1029/2009GL037166.
188. Wu, Z.-W., J.-P. Li, and B. Wang, 2009: Can the Southern Hemisphere annual mode affect China winter monsoon? J. Geophy. Res., 114, D11107, doi:10.1029/ 2008JD011501.
187. Kajikawa, Y., T. Yasunari,
and B. Wang, 2009: Decadal change
in intraseasonal variability
186. Kikuchi, K., B. Wang, and H. Fudeyasu, 2009: Genesis of tropical cyclone Nargis revealed by multiple satellite observations. Geophys. Res. Lett.. 36, L06811, doi:10.1029/2009GL037296.
185. Wang, B., F. Huang, Z. Wu, J. Yang, X. Fu, and K. Kikuchi, 2009: Multi-Scale Climate Variability of the South China Sea Monsoon: A Review. Dyn. Atmos. Ocean,47, 15-37, DOI: 10.1016/j.dynatmoce.2008.09.004.
184. Wang, B., J. Liu, J. Yang, T.-J. Zhou and Z. W.-Wu, 2009: Distinct principal modes of early and late summer rainfall anomalies in East Asia, J. Climate, 22, 3864–3875.
183 Yang, J., B. Wang, B. Wang, and L. Li, 2008: The East Asia-Western North Pacific boreal summer intraseasonal oscillation simulated in GAMIL 1.1.1, Adv. Atmos. Sci., 26, 480–492.
182. Liu, P., Y. Kajikawa, B. Wang, A. Kitoh, T. Yasunari, T. Li, H. Annamalai, X. Fu, K.Kikuchi, R. Mizuta, K. Rajendran, D.E. Waliser, D. Kim, 2009: Tropical Intraseasonal variability in the MRI-20km60LAGCM, J. Climate, 22, 2006-2022.
181. Zhou, T.-J., B. Wu, and B. Wang, 2009: How well do Atmospheric General Circulation Models reproduce the leading modes of the Asian-Australian Monsoon interannual variability? J. Climate, 22, 1159-1173.
180. Wang, B., Q. Ding, and V. Joseph, 2009: Objective definition of the Indian summer Monsoon onset using large scale winds. J. Climate, 22, 3303–3316.
179. Kikuchi, K., and B. Wang, 2009: Global perspectives of the quasi-biweekly oscillation. J. Climate. 22, 1340-1359.
178. Waliser et al. 2009: MJO simulation diagnostics. J. Climate, 22, 3006-3030.
177. Liu, J. , B. Wang, Q. Ding, X. Kuang, W. Soon , and E. Zorita, 2009: Centennial variations in Global monsoon precipitation in the last Millennium: Results from ECHO-G model. J. Climate, 22, 2356-2371.
176.Wu, BY, RH Zhang, B. Wang, and R. D'Arrigo 2009: On the Association between Spring Arctic Sea Ice Concentration and Chinese Summer Rainfall, Geophys. Res. Lett.. 36, L09501, doi:10.1029/2009GL037299.
175. Zhou, X., and B. Wang, 2009: From Concentric Eyewall to Annular Hurricane: A Numerical Study with the Cloud-Resolved WRF Model, Geophs. Res. Let, 36, DOI:100.1029/2008GL036854.
174. Wang, B., T. J. Zhou, Y Q Yu, and B. Wang, 2009: A Perspective on Earth System Model Development, Acta Meteorogica Sinica, 23, 1-28.
173. Chen, J.-M., B. Wang, J.-W. Hwu, C.-F. Shih, 2009: Potential Predictability of Tropical Low-level Circulation in CWB GFS Ensemble Hindcast. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, Journal of the Meteorological Society of Japan, 87, 1, pp. 171--188,. DOI:10.2151/jmsj.87.171
172. Ding, Q., and B. Wang, 2009: Predicting extreme phases of Indian summer monsoon. J. Climate, 22, 346-363.
171. Wang, B., J.-Y. Lee and co-authors: Advance and Prospect of Seasonal Prediction: Assessment of the APCC/CliPAS 14-model ensemble retroperspective seasonal prediction (1980-2004), 2009: Climate Dyn., 33, 90-. DOI: 10.1007/s00382-008-0460-0. Full paper. IPRC 678.
170. Tao, L., Fu, XH, and Wang B, 2009:”The moisture structure of ISO in western North Pacific revealed by AIRS, Acta Meteorologica Sinica, 23, 894-525.
169. Kim, H.-J., B. Wang, Q. Ding, and Chung, I.-U.: Changes in dry climate over China detected by the Köppen Climate Classification. J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 86, 6, 981-990.
168. Liu, J., B. Wang, and J. Yang, 2008: Forced and internal modes of variability of the East Asian summer monsoon, Climate of the Past, 4, 225-233. Full paper.
167 Wang, B., 2008: Thrusts and prospects on understanding and predicting Asian monsoon climate, Acta Meteorogica Sinica, 22, 383-403. Full paper.
166. Kug, J.-S., J.-Y. Lee, I._S. Kang, B. Wang, and C.-K. Park, 2008: Optimal multi-model ensemble method in seasonal climate prediction. Asian-Pacific J. Atmos. Sci., 44, 3 259-267. Full paper.
165.Yang, B, X. Fu, and B. Wang: Atmosphere-ocean conditions jointly guide convection of the boreal-summer intraseasonal oscillation: Satellite observations. J. Geophy.Res.. 113, D11105, doi:10.1029/2007JD009276. Full paper.
164. Yang, J., B. Wang, and B. Wang, 2008: Anticorrelated intensity change of the quasi biweekly and 30–50-day oscillations over the South China Sea. Geophys. Res. Let., 35, L16702, doi:10.1029/2008GL034449. Full paper.
163. Wang, B., Q. Bao, B. Hoskins, G. Wu, Y. Liu, 2008: Tibetan Plateau warming and precipitation change in East Asia. Geophys. Res. Let., 35, L14702, doi:10.1029/2008GL034330. Full paper.
162. Zhou, Tianjun, R. Yu, H. Li, and B. Wang, 2008: Ocean forcing to changes in global monsoon precipitation over the recent half century. J. Climate, 21, 3833-3852. DOI: 10.1175/2008 JCLI2067.1. Full paper.
161. Kikuchi, K., and B. Wang, 2008: Diurnal precipitation regimes in the global tropics. J. Climate, 21, 2680-2696. DOI: 10.1175/2007JCLI2051.1. Full paper.
160. Zhu, C., B. Wang, and W. Qian (2008), Why do dust storms decrease in northern China concurrently with the recent global warming? Geophys. Res. Lett., 35, L18702, doi:10.1029/2008GL034886. Full paper.
159. Kim, H.-., Bin Wang, and QH Ding: The Global Monsoon variability simulated by the CMIP3 Coupled Climate Models. J. Climate, Vol. 21, 5271–5294. Full paper.
158. Wang, B., and H. Yang, 2008: Hydrological issues in regional climate modeling of the East Asian summer monsoon. Clim Dyn, 31, 477–490. DOI 10.1007/s00382-008 0385-7. Full paper.
157. Wang, B., Z. Wu, Jianping. Li, Jian Liu, C.-P. Chang, Y. Ding, and G.-X. Wu, 2008: How to Measure the Strength of the East Asian Summer Monsoon? J. Climate, 21, 4449-4463. DOI: 10.1175/2008JCLI2183.1. Full paper.
156. Jin, E. K, J. L. Kinter III, B. Wang and Co Authors, 2008: Current status of ENSO prediction skill in coupled ocean-atmosphere model. Clim Dyn, 31, 647-666. DOI: 10.1007/s00382008-0397-3. Full paper.
155. Wang, B., J.-Y. Lee, I.-S. Kang, J. Shukla, J.-S. Kug, A. Kumar, J. Schemm, J.-J. Luo,T.Yamagata, and C.-K. Park, 2008: How accurately do coupled climate models predict the Asian-Australian monsoon interannual variability? Climate Dyn., 30, 605-619. DOI10.1007/s00382-007-0310-5. Full paper.
154. Wang, B., J. Yang, T. Zhou, and B. Wang, 2008: Interdecadal Changes in the Major Modes of Asian–Australian Monsoon Variability: Strengthening Relationship with ENSO since the Late 1970s. J. Climate, 21, 1771- 1789. DOI: 10.1175/2007JCLI1981.1. Full paper.
153. Wang, B., and Q. Ding, 2008: The global monsoon: Major modes of annual variations in the tropics. Dynamics of Atmos. and Ocean, special issue 2, doi:10.1016/j.dynatmoce.2007.05.002. Full paper.
152. Wang, B., and X. Zhou, 2008: Climate variability and predictability of rapid intensification in tropical cyclones in the western North Pacific, Meteor. Atmos. Phys., doi: 10.1007/s00703-006-0238-z. Full paper.
151. Fu, X., B. Yang, Q. Bao, and B. Wang, 2008: Sea surface temperature feedback extends the predictability of tropical intraseasonal oscillation. Mon. Wea. Rev., 136, 577-597. DOI: 10.1175/2007MWR2172.1. Full paper.
150. Zhang, S., and B. Wang, 2008: Global summer monsoon rainy season, Revised, Int. J. Climatol. 12 , 1563-1578. DOI: 10.1002/joc 1659. Full paper.
149. Wu, L., B. Wang, and S. A. Braun, 2008: Implications of tropical cyclone power dissipation index (PDI). International J. Climatology, 28: 727–731. DOI: 10.1002/joc.1573. Full paper.
160148. Wu, L., and B. Wang, 2008: What changed the proportion of intense hurricanes in the last 30 years? J. Climate, 21, 1434-1441. Full paper.
147. Kim, H.-M, I.-S. Kang, B. Wang, and J.-Y. Lee, 2008: Simulation of intraseasonal variability and its predictability in climate prediction models. Climate Dyn., 30, 485-496. Doi 10.1007/S00382-007-0292-3. Full paper.
146. Moon J-Y., B. Wang, W.-T. Kwon, 2007: The Response of Northern Hemisphere Atmospheric Circulation to the Northward Migration of Tropical Forcing. J. Korean Meteor. Soc. 43, 253-265. Full paper.
145. Fu, X., B. Wang, D. E. Waliser, and L. Tao, 2007: Impact of atmosphere–ocean coupling on the predictability of monsoon intraseasonal oscillations. J. Atmos. Sci.,64, 157–174. Full paper.
144. Park, S.-J., B. J. Sohn, and B. Wang, 2007: Satellite assessment of divergent water vapor transport from NCEP, ERA40, and JRA25 reanalyses in the Asian summer monsoon region, J. Meteor. Soc. Japan, 85, 615-632. Full paper.
143. Zhou, X., and B. Wang, 2007: Transition from an eastern Pacific upper-level mixed Rossby-gravity wave to a western Pacific tropical cyclone, Geophys. Res. Lett., 34, L24801, doi:10.1029/2007GL031831. Full paper.
142. Drbohlav, H.-K. L., and B. Wang, 2007: Horizontal and vertical structure of the northward propagating intraseasonal oscillation in the South Asian region simulated by an intermediate model. J. Climate, 20, 4278-4286. Full paper.
141. Mu, M., W. Duan, and Bin Wang, 2007: Season-dependent dynamics of nonlinear Optimal error growth and ENSPO predictability in a theoretical model, J. Geophys. Res. 112, D10113. Full paper.
140. Ding, Q., and B. Wang: 2007: Intraseasonal teleconnection between the Eurasian wavetrain and Indian summer monsoon. J. Climate, 20, 3751-3767. Full paper.
139. Yang, B., Y. Wang, and B. Wang, 2007: The effects of internally generated asymmetries on tropical cyclone potential intensity. J. Atm. Sci., 64, 1165-1188. Full paper.
138. Wang, Zhuo, C.-P. Chang, and B. Wang, 2007: Impacts of El Nino and La Nina on the U.S. Climate during Northern Summer. J. Climate, 20, 2165-2177. Full paper.
Wang, B., J.-G. Jhun, and B.-K. Moon: Variability and singularity of
136. Ventham, J. D., and B. Wang, 2007 Large Scale flow patterns and their influence on the intensification rates of Western North Pacific tropical storms. Mon. Wea. Rev., 135, 1110-1127. Full paper
135. Fu, X., B. Wang, L. Tao, 2006: Satellite data reveal the 3-D moisture structure of Tropical Intraseasonal Oscillation and its coupling with underlying ocean. Geophys. Res. Lett., 33, L03705. Full paper.
134. Wang, B., P. Webster, K. kikuchi, T. Yasunari, and Y. Qi, 2006: Boreal summer quasi-monthly oscillation in the global tropics. Climate Dynamics, 27, 661-675. Full paper.
Wang, B., Q. Ding, and J. Jhun, 2006: Trends in
Zhang, C., B. Wang, G. Chen, 2006: Annual sea-level amphidromes in
131. Wang, B., and Q. Ding, 2006: Changes in global monsoon precipitation over the past 56 years. Geophys. Res. Lett., 33, L06711, doi:10.1029/2005GL025347. Full paper.
130. T. Li, P. Liu, X. Fu, and B. Wang, 2006: Spatial-temporal structure of tropical biennial oscillation. J. Climate, 19, 3070-3087. Full paper.
129. Xin, X., R. Yu, T. Zhou, and B. Wang, 2006: Droughty late spring of southern
128.Tian, B., Duane E. Waliser, E. J. Fetzer, B. H. Lambrigtsen, Y. L. Yung, and B. Wang,2006:Vertical Moist Thermodynamic Structure and Spatial–Temporal Evolution of the MJO in AIRS Observations. J. Atmos. Sci., 63, 2462–2485. Full paper.
127. Li, T., X. Ge, B. Wang, and Y. Zhu, 2005: Tropical cyclogenesis associated with Rossby wave energy dispersion of a pre-existing typhoon. Part II: Numerical simulations. J.Atmos.Sci., 63, 1390-1409. Full paper.
126. Li, Q., J. Jiang, D. Wu, W. G. Reed, N. J. Liversey, J. W. Waters, Y. Zhang, B. Wang, M. J. Philipiak, 2005: Trapping Asian pollutant by Tibetan anticyclone: Global CTM simulation and compared with EOS/MLS observations. Geophys. Res. Lett., 32, L14826. Full paper.
125. Li, Jian, R. Yu, T. Zhou, and B. Wang, 2005: Why is there an early spring cooling trend downstream of the Tibetan Plateau? J. Climate, Vol. 18, 4660-4668. Full paper.
124. Wang, Zhuo, C.-P. Chang, B. Wang, and F.-F. Jin, 2005: Teleconnection from tropics to northern extratropics through a southerly conveyor, J. Atmos. Sci,62, 4057-4070. Full paper.
123. Kwon, M.-H., J.-G. Jhun, B. Wang, S.-I. An, J.S. Kug, 2005: Decadal change in relationship between East Asian and WNP summer monsoon. Geophys. Res. Lett., 11132, L16790, doi: 10.1029/2005GL023026. Full paper.
122. Li, T., and B. Wang, 2005: A review on the western North Pacific monsoon: Synoptic-to-interannual variability. Terrestrial, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, 16, 285–314.
121. Wang, B., and S.-I. An 2005: A method for detecting season-dependent modes of climate variability: S-EOF analysis, Geophys. Res. Lett., Vol. 32, L15710. Full paper.
120. Ding, Qinghua and Bin Wang, 2005: Circumglobal teleconnection in the Northern Hemisphere Summer. J. Climate, 18, 3483-3505. Full paper.
119. Wu, L., B. Wang, and S. A. Braun, 2005: Impacts of air-sea interaction on tropical cyclone track and intensity. Mon. Wea. Rev., 133, 3299-3314. Full paper.
118. Liu, P., B. Wang, K. R. Sperber, T. Li, G. A. Meehl 2005: MJO in the NCAR CAM2 with the Tiedtke convective scheme, J. Climate, Vol. 18, No. 15, pp. 3007–3020. Full paper.
117. Wu, L., B. Wang, and S. Geng, 2005: Growing
influence of Typhoon on
116. Wang, B., Q. Ding, X. Fu, I.-S. Kang, K. Jin, J. Shukla, and F. Doblas-Reyes, 2005: Fundamental challenges in simulation and prediction of summer monsoon rainfall, Geophys. Res. Lett., Vol. 32, No. 15, L15711,doi: 10.1029/2005GL022734 12. Full paper.
115. Jiang, J. S., D. Eckermann, D. L. Wu, K. Hocke, B. Wang, J. Ma, and Y. Zhang, 2005: Seasonal variations of gravity wave sources observed by Satellite. Advances Space Research, 35 (2005) 1925-1932. Full paper
114. Wang, B., P. J. Webster, H. Teng, 2005: Antecedents and self-induction of the active-break Indian summer monsoon, Goephys. Res. Lett. 32, L04704. Full paper.
113. An, S.-I, and B. Wang, 2005: The forced and intrinsic low-frequency modes in the North Pacific. J. Climate, 18, 876-885. Full paper.
112. Drbohlav, H-K Lee, and B. Wang, 2005: Mechanism of the northward propagating intraseasonal oscillation in the south Asian monsoon region: Insights from a zonally averaged model. J. Climate, 18, 952-972. Full paper.
111. Mullen, K. J., M. T. Montgomery, and B. Wang, 2005: Re-examining tropical cyclone near-core radial structure using aircraft observations: Implications for vortex resilience. J. Atmos. Sci., 62, 408-425. Full paper.
110. Wang, Y., Xie. S.-P., B. Wang, and H. Y., Xu, 2005: Large-scale atmospheric forcing by southeast Pacific boundary layer clouds: a regional model study. J. Climate, 18, 934-951. Full paper.
109. Yu, R., B. Wang, and T. Zhou, 2004: Tropospheric
cooling and weakening of
108. Duan, W-S. Mu Mu, and Bin Wang, 2004: Conditional nonlinear optimal perturbations as optimal precursors for El Nino-Southern Oscillation events. J. Geophys. Res., 109, D23105. Full paper.
107. Sen, O. L., B. Wang, Y. Wang, 2004: Re-greening
the desertification lands in northern
106. Fu, X., and B. Wang: The boreal summer intraseasonal oscillations simulated in a hybrid coupled atmosphere-ocean model. Mon. Wea. Rev., 132, 2628-2649. Full paper.
105. Wu, L. and B. Wang, 2004: Assessment of global warming impacts on tropical cyclone track. J. Climate, 17, 1686-1698. Full paper.
104. Zhang, Y., T. Li, and B. Wang, 2004: Decadal Change of the Spring Snow Depth over the Tibetan Plateau: The Associated Circulation and Influence on the East Asian Summer Monsoon. J. Climate, 17, 2780-2793. Full paper.
103. Yu, R., B. Wang, and T. Zhou, 2004: Climate effects of the deep continental stratus clouds generated by Tibetan Plateau. J. Climate, 17, 2702-2712. Full paper.
101. Fu, X. and B. Wang, 2004: Differences of Boreal Summer Intraseasonal Oscillations Simulated in an Atmosphere–Ocean Coupled Model and an Atmosphere-Only Model. J. of Climate, 17, 1263-1271. Abstract. Full paper.
99. Wang, Y., M.T. Montgomery, and B. Wang, 2004: How much vertical shear can a tropical cyclone resist? Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 85, 661-662.
96. Wang, Y., S. Xie, H. Xu, and B. Wang, 2004: Regional Model Simulations of Marine Boundary Layer Clouds over the Southeast Pacific off South America. Part I: Control Experiment. Mon. Wea. Rev., 132, 274-296. Abstract. Full paper.
95. Jiang, J., B. Wang, , K. Goya, K. Hocke, S. D. Eckermann, J. Ma, D. L. Wu and W. G. Read, 2004:: Geographical Distribution and Inter- Seasonal Variability of Tropical Deep-Convection: UARS MLS Observations and Analyses. J. G. R., 109, D03111. Abstract. Full paper.
Annamalai, H., R. Murtugudde, J. Potemra, S.-P. Xie, P. Liu, and B. Wang, 2003: Coupled dynamics over the
87. Fu, X., B. Wang, T. Li, and J. McCreary, 2003: Coupling between Northward-Propagating,
Intraseasonal Oscillations and Sea Surface Temperature in the
Y., O. Sen, and B. Wang, 2003: A highly resolved regional climate model
(IPRC RegCM) and its simulation of the 1998 severe precipitation event over
82. Wang, B., and Q. Zhang, 2002: Pacific-East Asian teleconnection, part II:
78. Kang, I.-S., K. Jin, B. Wang, K.-M. Lau, J. Shukla, V. Krishnamurthy, S. D. Schubert, D. E. Waliser, W. F. Stern, A. Kitoh, G. A. Meeh, M. Kanamitsu, V. Y. Galin, V. Satyan, C.-K. Park, and Y. Liu, 2002a: Intercomparison of the Climatological variations of Asian summer monsoon precipitation simulated by 10 GCMs. Climate Dyn., 19, 383-395. Abstract. Full paper.
72. Tomita, T., B. Wang, T. Yasunari, and H. Nakamura, 2001: Global patterns of decadal scale variability observed in sea surface temperature and lower tropospheric circulation fields. J. Geophys. Res., 106, No C11, 26, 805-26,815. Abstract. Full paper.
70. Wang, B., R. Wu, K.-M. Lau, 2001: Interannual variability of Asian summer monsoon: Contrast between the Indian and western North Pacific-East Asian monsoons. J. Climate, 14, 4073-4090. Abstract Full paper.
64. Fu, X., and B. Wang, 2001: A Coupled Modeling Study of the Seasonal Cycle of the Pacific Cold Tongue, Part I: Simulation and Sensitivity Experiments. J. Climate, 14, 756-779. Abstract. Full paper.
57. Wang, B., 2000: Reply to comments on "Choice of south Asian summer monsoon indices". Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 81, 822-824. Full paper.
47. Wang, B., and X. Xie, 1998: Coupled Modes of the Warm Pool Climate System Part I: The Role of Air-Sea Interaction in Maintaining Madden-Julian Oscillation. J. Climate, 11, 2116-2135. Abstract Full paper.
34. Chang, P., L. Ji, B. Wang, and T. Li, 1995: Interactions between the seasonal cycle and El Nino-Southern Oscillation in an intermediate coupled ocean-atmospheric model. J. Atmos. Sci., 52, 2353-2372. Abstract Full paper.
30. Chang, P., B. Wang, T. Li, and L. Ji, 1994: Interaction between seasonal cycle and the Southern Oscillation Frequency entrainment and Chaos in a coupled ocean-atmospheric model. Geophys. Res. let, 21, 2817-2820. Abstract Full paper.
16. Chang, C.-P., M.-M. Lu, and B. Wang,
2009: The East Asian winter monsoon. In.C.-P. Chang et al (Eds), The Global Monsoon System: Research and
Forecast, 2nd Ed., World Scientific,
15. Lau, N.-C., and B. Wang, 2006: Interactions between Asian monsoon and the El Nino-Southern Oscillation, In “The Asian Monsoon”, Ed. B. Wang, Springer/Praxis Publishing. New York, pp478-512.
14. Hoskins, B., and B. Wang, 2006: Large scale dynamics, in “The Asian Monsoon”,
Ed. B. Wang, Springer/Praxis
13. Wang, B.: Theory, Chapter 10 in Tropical Intraseasonal Oscillation in the Atmosphere
And Ocean. Eds. William K.-M. Lau and D. E. Waliser. Praxis Publishing.
11. Wang, B. and T. Li, 2004: East Asian monsoon and ENSO interaction, In C.-P. Chang (ED.) East Asian Monsoon. World Scientific Publishing Company, Singapore, pp172-212.
10. Wang, B, 2003: Kelvin Waves, Encyclopedia of Meteorology. ED. J. Holton. Academic Press. pp. 1062-1067. Full paper.
B., R. Wu, and X. Fu, 2001: Mechanism
of ENSO-monsoon interaction during mature-decay phases of ENSO cycle. World Scientific Publishing Company,
8. Wu, R., and B. Wang, 2001: Role of the air-sea interaction in the northeastward summer monsoon progression over the western North Pacific. In "Dynamic of Atmospheric General circulation and Climate", Ed. IAP/Academia Sinica, China Meteor press, pp. 635-651. Abstract.
7. Fu, X., and B. Wang, 2001: Understanding the annual cycle of the equatorial Pacific as a result of ocean-atmosphere-land interaction. In "Dynamic of Atmospheric General circulation and Climate", Ed. IAP/Academia Sinica, China Meteor. Press, pp. 697-726. Abstract.
6. Von Storch, J., B. Wang, and Z. Wang, 2001: The ENSO spectrum: A result of deterministic chaos or stochastic forcing? In "Dynamics of Atmospheric General Circulation and Climate", Ed. IAP/Academia, China Meteor. Press, pp. 579-600. Abstract.
5. Li, T., B. Wang, and C.-P. Chang, 2001: Theories on the Tropospheric Biennial Oscillation: A Review. In "Dynamics of Atmospheric General Circulation and Climate", Ed. IAP/Academia Sinica, China Meteor. Press, pp. 252-276. Abstract.
4. Wang, B., R. Wu, R. Lukas, and S. I. An, 2001: A possible mechanism for ENSO turnabout. In " Dynamics of Atmospheric General circulation and Climate", Ed. IAP/Academia Sinica, China Meteor. Press, pp. 552-578. Abstract. Full paper.
3. Wang, Y., and B. Wang, 2001: Toward a unified highly resolved regional climate model system. In Present and Future of Modeling Global Environmental Change: Toward Integrated Modeling, Ed., T. Matsuno and H. Kida, TERRAPUB, 2001. pp. 29-48. Abstract. Full paper.
B, 1996: A theory for El Nino cycle.
From Atmospheric Circulation to Global Change, Edited by the Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese
1. Wang, B., and H. Rui, 1989: Some dynamic aspects of the equatorial intraseasonal oscillations. East Asia and Western Pacific Meteorology and Climate. Eds. P. Sham and C.-P. Chang, World Scientific Publishing, 119-130. Abstract. Full paper.
3. Jury, M. R., B. Pathack, B. Wang, M. Powell, and N. Raholijao,
1993: A destructive tropical cyclone
season in the