For Windows XP: How to map a network drive
1. Go to Start > My Computer
2. Click Tools and
select Map Network Drive
3. The Map Network Drive window should appear
4. In the folder line type in the location of the network drive ie: \\server\share
5. If you are already logged into the SOEST domain click finish and the drive should be mapped,
continue to step 6.
6. Click on different user name and enter your soest username and password in the form
SOEST\username and then your password in the password box
7. Click OK
8. Click Finish and your drive should not be mapped
If you've encountered any problems or any error messages during the setup process, please send a detailed email to email@example.com.
© Copyright 2002-2003. All rights reserved. School of Ocean & Earth Science & Technology. Research Computing Facility. Updated ( 7/18/06 12:30 )