Benthic Habitat Data
Click on an area in the map above to go to that data set site, or choose from the list below.
Currently under review for FGDC compliance. Links open text files; right- or control-click on name to download text file.
- Reson 8101ER Multibeam Sonar Data
- Cruise AHI-03-06, Midway
- Cruise AHI-03-07, Saipan
- Cruise AHI-03-07, Rota
- Cruise AHI-03-07, Guam
- Cruise AHI-04-02, American Samoa
- Cruise AHI-05-01, French Frigate Shoals
- Cruise AHI-05-04, Ni‘ihau, Moloka‘i
- Cruise AHI-05-08, Maro
- Cruise AHI-06-01, Johnston, Howland, Baker
- Cruise AHI-06-02, American Samoa
- Cruise AHI-06-04, Jarvis, Palmyra & Kingman
- Cruise AHI-06-05, Penguin Bank, Molokai, Lanai, Big Island of Hawaii
- Cruise AHI-06-09, Kure, Pearl & Hermes, Kaua‘i
- Cruise AHI-06-12, Brooks Banks, St. Rogatien
- Cruise AHI-07-01, Wake
- Cruise AHI-07-02, Guam, Rota, Aguijan, Tinian, Saipan
- Cruise AHI-07-03, CNMI Northern Islands
- Cruise AHI-08-04, French Frigate Shoals
- Cruise AHI-09-02, Hawaiian Islands of Oahu, Molokai, Lanai, and Maui
- Cruise SE-10-02, CNMI and Guam
- Cruise AHI-10-09, Main Hawaiian Islands, Kaneohe Bay, Windward Side Oahu
- EM300 and EM3002D Multibeam Sonar Data
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-05-01, French Frigate Shoals
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-05-03, FFS, Maro, Pearl & Hermes, Midway, Kure
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-05-04, Ni‘ihau & Moloka‘i
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-05-05, Main Hawaiian Islands
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-05-07, Kure, Gambia, Pearl & Hermes, Lisianski , Maro
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-05-08, Maro
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-06-01, Johnston, Howland, Baker
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-06-02, American Samoa
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-06-04, Jarvis, Palmyra, Kingman
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-06-05, Penguin Bank, Molokai, Lanai, Big Island of Hawaii
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-06-09, Kure, Pearl & Hermes, Kaua‘i
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-06-10, Big Island, Maui, Niihau, Lanai
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-06-12, Brooks Banks, St. Rogatien
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-06-14, Maui, Big Island
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-07-01, Wake
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-07-02, Guam, Rota, Aguijan, Tinian, Saipan
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-07-03, CNMI Northern Islands
- Cruise Hi‘ialakai HI-08-04, French Frigate Shoals
- R/V Kilo Moana Simrad EM120 and EM1002 Multibeam Sonar Data
- TOAD/TARAS Camera Systems Data
- Other Data
All NOAA Pacific Island Fisheries Science Center cruise reports may be viewed from the NOAA PIFSC Cruise Reports web page . The following are cruises that PIBHMC participated in.
- Hi‘ialakai Cruise Reports
- HI-05-01. 4-23 Apr 2005. Northwestern Hawaiian Islands.
- HI-05-04. 13 Jun - 7 Jul 2005. Main Hawaiian Islands.
- HI-05-08. 11-31 October 2005. Northwestern Hawaiian Islands, Maro Reef.
- HI-06-01. 15 Jan - 6 Feb 2006. Johnston Atoll, Howland and Baker Islands (U.S. Phoenix Islands).
09 Feb - 10 Mar2006. American Samoa Archipelago: Swains Island,
Tutuila/Aunuu Islands/Taiema Bank, Manua Islands (Olosega, Ofu, Tau),
and Rose Atoll
- HI-06-04. 15 Mar - 08 Apr 2006. Jarvis Island, Palmyra Atoll, and Kingman Reef National Wildlife Refuges.
- HI-06-05. Pt I: 19-24 Apr 2006. South shore Oahu, Penguin Bank.
Pt II: 28 Apr - 11 May 2006. Penguin Bank, north shore Molokai, Lanai, northwest coast Big Island.
- HI-06-09. 23 June - 20 July 2006. Kure and Pearl and Hermes Atolls, NWHI National Marine Monument and Hanalei Bay, Kauai.
- HI-06-12. 10-29 Oct 2006. Middle Brooks Bank, W. Brooks Bank, St. Rogatien Bank, W. Nihoa Bank, Northwestern Hawaiian Islands (NWHI).
- HI-06-14. 8-13 November 2006. Kalohi, Pailolo, and Auau Channels between the Islands of Maui County and the west coast of Hawaii Island.
- HI-07-01. 19 April - 9 May 2007. Wake Atoll
- HI-07-02. 12-22 May 2007. Guam and Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands: Rota, Aguijan, Tinian, Saipan
25 May - 9 June 2007. Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands:
Anatahan, Sarigan, Zealandia Bank, Guguan, Alamagan, Pagan, Agrihan,
Asuncion, Maug, Supply Reef, Uracas (or Farallon de Pajaros)
2-29 May 2008. Necker Island, French Frigate Shoals (FFS), and Brooks
Banks, Northwestern Hawaiian Islands, Papahānaumokuākea Marine National
- Oscar Elton Sette Cruise Reports
- OES-05-13. 12-30 Oct 2005. Wake Atoll.
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) Cruise Reports
- Small Boat Mission Reports
The Coral Reef Ecosystem Division
has completed the final report of thier study's results from thier
expedtions of American Samoa in 2002, 2004, and 2006; and It is now and
The Hawaii Mapping Research Group
at the University of Hawaii and NOAA PIFSC's Coral Reef Ecosystem
Division partnered on this multibeam mission to the Northwestern