|Department of Oceanography,
University of Hawai`i at Manoa,
1000 Pope Road,
Marine Sciences Building,
Honolulu, HI 9682
|Phone: (808) 956-9371
Fax: (808) 956-9225
- B.A., Chemistry (with specialization in Earth
Sciences) and Anthropology. (Double-Major), University of
California San Diego, Revelle College.
- Ph.D, Geology. Yale
- Biogeochemisty and cycling of phosphorus (organic and
inorganic) and associated bioactive elements (C, N, S) in marine,
lacustrine, and riverine systems.
- Nutrient limitation of biological productivity in the ocean.
- Sediment diagenesis: organic matter reactivity and mineral authigenesis.
- Geochemistry of redox sensitive elements: the effect of redox
chemistry on element cycling.
- Use of geochemistry of modern environments to interpret the