The UH-OHA STEM Scholarship is awarded to high-potential students pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics at the University of Hawaiʻi. The program is funded through a grant with the Office of Hawaiian Affairs. Eligible students may receive up to $1,000 per year for undergraduate students and up to $3000 per year for graduate students.
- Native Hawaiian (verified thru OHA Hawaiian Registry Program)
- Enrolled in a STEM degree program
- Priority given to “Non-traditional” students
- Registered at one of the 10 University of Hawaiʻi campuses
How to Apply
Students may apply for this opportunity through the UH Common Scholarship Application. Application period runs December 1, 2018 – March 1, 2019.
Scholarship Requirements Once Awarded
- Verify Hawaiian Ancestry
- Verify STEM major
- Completion of orientation and intake forms
- Completion of an advisor meeting
- Demonstrate community service in the Native Hawaiian community
- Verification of good academic progress and standing (minimum 2.0 GPA for undergraduate and 3.0 for graduate students)
- Continued STEM program enrollment in Spring