JIMAR offices are located in the MSB and HIG buildings (circled) on the UH Manoa campus. Diamond Head crater, Waikiki, and the Pacific Ocean are in the background.
Welcome to JIMAR
Welcome to the home page of the Joint Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research (JIMAR).
JIMAR was created in 1977 by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the
University of Hawai’i at Manoa — in September 2012 we celebrated our 35th anniversary.
we have been part of the School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology (SOEST).
- JIMAR Named NOAA’s Cooperative Institute for the Pacific Islands Region. Please see the press release (PDF).
JIMAR Documents to Download
- The JIMAR Directory is available as a web page (updated 05-25-16) and as a PDF (updated 05-25-16).
- Download the new JIMAR logo in several different formats on our new Logo page.
- The most recent JIMAR Annual Reports and Fiscal Year 2016 plans are available as PDFs here:
- You can also download previous years’ reports from our Documents page.
For more information, please contact us at:
- Joint Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research
- University of Hawai’i at Mānoa
- 1000 Pope Road, Marine Sciences Building 312
- Honolulu, HI 96822 USA
- tel: (808) 956-8083
fax: (808) 956-4104