GMT5 Bug Notes
To file a bug report, please open a New Issue on the GMT trac GMT trac site (registration is require to add Issues).
Make sure your email includes the following information:
The easier we can reproduce the problem then the quicker we can fix it. Some bugs are
platform-dependent and can only be reproduced on that system; we have several Linux-flavors
running in a simulator for that purpose. The subversion repository of GMT will immediately be updated
once a fix has been found.
Note that sometimes a work-around can be crafted while waiting for the next official release. You may want
to check the GMT Wiki to see if anything relevant have been added.
to see if anything relevant have been added.
- Version of GMT you are using (e.g., type psxy - to see what is reported).
- Is this a 32-bit or 64-bit installation of GMT?
- If GMT 5, did you install using the GMT 4 compatibility mode?
- Hardware platform and Operating System, including version (e.g., under Unix-like systems, type uname -a to get details; for Windows, just tell us what version).
- Individual GMT program that may have a bug.
- A clear explanation of the problem.
- Example script or command line and, if necessary, test data that
recreate the problem. If the problem occurs for a huge
data set, try to see if the problem can be reproduced with
a smaller subset. Do not upload large data files that
exceed a few Mb - we will contact you should we need further
- Other pieces of relevant information