GMT Bug Notes
To file a bug report, please open a New Issue on the GMT trac site
(registration is required to open a New Issue).
Make sure your report includes the following information:
The easier we can reproduce the problem then the quicker we can fix it. Some bugs are
platform-dependent and can only be reproduced on that system; we have several Linux-flavors
running in a simulator for that purpose. The subversion archive of GMT will immediately be updated
once a fix has been found.
Note that sometimes a work-around can be crafted while waiting for the next official release. You may want
to check the GMT Wiki to see if anything relevant have been added.
- Version of GMT you are using (e.g., type "psxy -" to see what is reported).
- Hardware platform and Operating System, including version (e.g., under Unix-like systems, type uname -a to get details; for Windows, just tell us what version and if you are running the 32- or 64-bit GMT version).
- Individual GMT program that may have a bug.
- A clear explanation of the problem.
- Example script or command line and, if necessary, test data that
recreate the problem. If the problem occurs for a huge
data set, try to see if the problem can be reproduced with
a smaller subset. Do not upload large data files that
exceed a few Mb - we will contact you should we need further
- Other pieces of relevant information.