To request a reprint,
- Becker, J.M. and M. Bevis, Love's problem, Geophys. J. Int., 156,
- Becker, J.M. and D. Bercovici, Long waves over a bi-viscous sea-bed:
Transverse patterns, Nonlin. Proc. Geophys. , 9, 2002, 61-68.
- Becker, J.M. and D. Bercovici, Pattern formation on the interface
of a two-layer fluid: bi-viscous lower layer,
Wave Motion, 34, 2001, 431-452 .
- Becker, J.M. and D. Bercovici, Permanent bedforms in a theoretical model of wave-seabed interactions, Nonlinear Processes in Geophysics, 7, 2000, 31-35.
- Becker, J.M. Effect of a western continental slope on the wind-driven circulation, J. Phys. Ocean., 29, 1999, 512-518.
- Ertekin, R.C. and J.M. Becker, Nonlinear diffraction of waves by a submerged shelf in shallow water, ASME J. Off. Mech. Arctic Engng.,120(4), 1998, 212-220. (see also,Proc. 15th Int. Conf. on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, ASME, June 16-20, 1996, Book No. G0985B, 31-39.)
- Becker, J.M and R. Salmon, Eddy formation on a continental slope, J. Mar. Res., 55, 1997, 1-20.
- Ferier, P.G.P., J.M. Becker and R.C. Ertekin, Assessing the accuracy of the Green-Naghdi equations in simulating the nonlinear diffraction of waves by topography, Proc. 16th Int. Conf. on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, ASME, April 13-18, 1997, VOL 1-B, 73-80.
- Becker, J.M., An inertial model of the general circulation in an ocean with bottom topography, in'Proceedings Aha Hulikoa Hawaiian Winter Workshop, P. Müller and D. Henderson , editors, 1995, 125-130.
- Becker, J.M., and R.H.J. Grimshaw, Explosive resonant triads in a continuously stratified shear flow,J. Fluid Mech., 257, 1993, 219-228.
- Becker, J.M. and J.W. Miles, 2:1 Resonance leads to chaos in standing radial cross-waves, in Chaos in Australia Conference Proceedings, G. Brown and A. Opie, editors, World Scientific, 1993, 1-7.
- Becker, J.M., and J.W. Miles, Progressive radial cross-waves, J. Fluid Mech., 245, 1992, 29-46.
- Becker, J.M., and J.W. Miles, Standing radial cross-waves, J. Fluid Mech., 222, 1991, 471-499.
- Miles J.W., and J.M. Becker, Parametrically excited, progressive cross-waves, J. Fluid Mech.,186, 1988, 129-146.
- Becker, J.M., and J.W. Miles, Parametric excitation of an internally resonant double pendulum, II, ZAMP, 37, 1986, 641-650.
Return to Becker page
Page last modified on: October, 1999