Alexander V. Soloviev
Nova Southeastern University
8000 North Ocean Drive
Dania, Florida 33004
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Alexander Soloviev is a former Soviet scientist. His career in Russia was pretty straightforward - from a student at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (soviet equivalent of MIT) to a senior researcher at the P.P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology Russian Academy of Sciences. Since 1996, he has been an Associate Professor at the Nova Southeastern University's Oceanographic Center in Florida. In 1991-1992, at the peak of his Soviet career, he enthusiastically joined the TOGA Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere Response Experiment (COARE). Since that time, Alexander has been often visited the University of Hawaii to work on the COARE project in Roger Lukas' group at the Department of Oceanography. His area of research interests includes physical processes at the ocean-air interface, turbulent boundary layers, molecular sublayers and air-sea gas transfer, marine techniques and instrumentation. He is the author and co-author of more than 30 scientific publications, including 10 articles published in international journals. He has been a co-PI on NSF and ONR funded projects. He has participated in more than 10 research expeditions to the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, including TOGA COARE cruises on the R/V Moana Wave (University of Hawaii) and Le Noroit (France).
- Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Russian Academy of Science.
- Candidate of Sciences (Russian Equivalent of Ph.D) in Physical Oceanography, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology and the P.P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology.
- Diploma of Engineer-Physicist in Aerodynamics and Thermodynamics (Russian equivalent of MS Degree), Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- Associate Professor, Nova Southeastern University's Oceanographic Center
- Researcher, Hawaii Institute of Geophysics and Planetology, U. of Hawaii
- Visiting Scientist on TOGA COARE project, U. of Hawaii
- Senior/Leading Scientist of the P.P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology Russian Academy of Sciences
- Doctorate/Senior Scientist at the P.P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology USSR Academy of Sciences
- Scientist/Senior Scientist at the A.M. Oboukhov Institute of Atmospheric Physics USSR Academy of Science
- Ph.D. student at the Department of Thermohydromechanics of the Ocean (joint department of the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology and the P.P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology.)
- Supervised students from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow State University, and P.P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology Russian Academy of Sciences (total of 5 students).
Last modified: October 30, 1997